Collection and use of personal information and other information
Examples of optional information that you may provide include:
- Your contact information (e.g., email address, phone number, physical address, geographic information, etc.)
- Writing specific information (e.g., genres, writing medium, your writings, etc.)
- Goal information (e.g., tracking goals including marking days off)
- Device and software information (e.g., the type of mobile device and associated hardware and software information, the browser used to access our web service, etc.)
If you choose to use additional services, you may need to pay for your use of our Service using a credit [or debit] card. We use third party payment card processing companies engaged by us to process payments in connection with the Service. These third parties have committed to Dabble to process your payment card information in a secure, PCI compliant manner. Your credit card information is processed and retained by these third parties and will not be passed on to Dabble; Dabble does not store your payment card information in any way.
Use of certain technology designed to prevent cookies or other advertising related technologies (such as ad blocking software) may interfere with the correct operation of the Dabble website and services.
Use of your information
How we share your information
We are not in the business of selling or renting your information. Outside of actions you take within the Service to communicate via our collaboration features, or to authorize third-party applications, we only disclose your information - and then only the minimum information necessary - when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with service providers who process data on our behalf in order to operate and improve the features and functionality of the Service; complete your payment transactions; fulfill your product or service requests, including sales, delivery and support requests; and help us communicate with you as described elsewhere in this policy.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce the Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Service and users of the Service, or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders, subpoenas, legal process, or other lawful government requests (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements). We do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on the Service, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited our website, and they may combine this information with other, identifiable information they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services. For more information with additional examples, see the “Social Media Features” section of our Cookie Information page.
We do not share your account information or user activity history with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you. We contract with third-party advertising networks in order to deliver relevant Service advertisements to you across the Internet and to manage our communications with you.
In addition, we may share with partners or service providers a hashed identifier derived from the personal information you have submitted to us (such as your email address) to serve you ads when you visit partners’ and providers’ websites, applications or platforms. You may opt out of certain ad targeting and retargeting services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page. We also may share a hashed identifier derived from the personal information you have submitted to us (such as your email address) with Service Providers who help us manage and track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. You may choose to share information you have submitted to the service through our collaboration features, in which case we may allow collaboration with others to effect those features. Note that we cannot control what persons with whom you share your information may do with your information, so please choose carefully the people with whom you choose to share.
Data Storage and Transfer
To delete all data associated with your account, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request your account be deleted. Dabble will delete your account all associated data.